NASSAU, Bahamas, Sept. 7, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Baha Mar, the Caribbean’s main built-in luxurious resort of selection positioned in Nassau, The Bahamas, presents the total lineup of occasions going down at The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Competition at Baha Mar on October 21-23, 2022. Headlined by internationally famend cooks together with Marcus Samuelsson of Marcus at Baha Mar Fish + Chop Home, Daniel Boulud of Café Boulud, and Dario Cecchini of Carna, together with The Present’s Inventive Arts Director John Cox, the action-packed, three-day occasion is the primary of its sort within the Caribbean. The weekend’s occasions embody intimate chef experiences and interactive cooking demos, compelling creative exhibitions and workshops, visitor chef and artist appearances, unique activations, dwell performances and extra.
The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Competition kicks off Friday, October 21 with an unique sundown welcome for the competition’s weekend go holders. Sunset & Sips will function a specifically curated menu from chef Marcus Samuelsson, with appearances by the weekend’s celebrated chef personalities. Visitors are then invited to attend the Welcome Seashore Celebration at Baha Bay Lagoon, the place they are going to get pleasure from a fish-fry impressed celebration that includes island infused fare matched with tropical drinks, co-hosted and curated by Marcus, superstar chef Carla Corridor, and Bahamian chef persona Simeon Corridor Jr. topped with a spectacular dwell efficiency from legendary R&B group Boyz II Males.
The weekend continues with an all-encompassing two-day Expo Saturday and Sunday, the place company can partake in dwell leisure and Bahamian hospitality with onstage chef demos from high expertise together with Carla Corridor, Ming Tsai, Tevin Kemp, and extra. The Expo will function artist talks surrounding the subjects of the historical past of Bahamian artwork, and modern artwork within the Caribbean from John Cox, Bahamian artist Antonius Roberts and gallerist Amanda Coulson. An artwork exhibition, titled “Defying Tropicality,” will likely be featured on the Competition’s Expo curated by Baha Mar’s very personal Gallery and Artwork Heart- The Present, which was curated by way of an open name into the Bahamian artwork neighborhood to create unique works reflecting the exhibition’s theme.
The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Competition is thrilled to launch ECCHO (Expressive Collaborations & Inventive Home of Alternatives), Baha Mar’s latest on-site exhibition, as a part of the resort’s in-house artwork programming. The grand opening will happen on Thursday, October 20, together with the premiere exhibition for 2 11 Sturdy artists – Dede Brown and Kachelle Knowles, in addition to a everlasting exhibition titled “Onerous Mouth” by famed American artist Shepard Fairey. A portion of proceeds from the gross sales of works by Fairey will profit the Baha Mar Basis and its efforts in The Bahamas. ECCHO was created in partnership with The Nationwide Artwork Gallery of The Bahamas.
For a extra up-close and private competition expertise, Baha Mar’s headlining cooks and artist personalities will every be internet hosting distinctive, intimate occasions on Saturday, October 22 the place festivalgoers can select their very own journey from quite a lot of actions occurring all through the resort. These experiences embody:
- Sea To Desk with Marcus Samuelsson and Simeon Corridor Jr. that includes a Catamaran cruise adopted by lunch at Marcus’ Fish+ Chop Home.
- Bouillabaisse & Rosé with Daniel Boulud on the unique NEXUS membership, that includes a reception-style occasion with gentle bites and rosé, adopted by a Bouillabaisse demo highlighting Bahamian substances.
- Good Pairings with Dario Cecchini and Ray Isle showcasing grasp butchery data at Carna paired with unique wine tastings from Meals & Wine’s Govt Wine Editor.
- The Chef Subsequent Door with Amanda Freitag a hands-on cooking class at Baha Mar’s The Kitchen that includes unique recipes from Amanda, adopted by lunch on the patio.
- Flavors of Mexico with Margarita Carrillo and Juan Meza at Costa, highlighting a scrumptious style and exploration of the daring flavors of their dwelling nation, Mexico in an intimate lunch setting.
- Behind the Scenes with John Cox an unique look with artist and curator John Cox the place he’ll information company by way of the Fairwinds Exhibition and share tales of the inspiration, course of, and cultural significance of key items throughout the resort’s historied assortment.
Saturday’s Grand Dine-Round introduces a particular dinner collection the place company may have the chance to decide on one in all 4 specifically ready dinners by the competition’s collaborating cooks at Baha Mar’s most coveted eating places. Marcus Samuelsson will welcome company to his signature Marcus Up Prime with Chef Garrette Bowe; Chef Ming Tsai and Daniel Boulud will welcome diners to his signature restaurant, Café Boulud; Dario Cecchini and Amanda Freitag will host a dinner at modern steakhouse Carna, and Simeon Corridor Jr., Carla Corridor, Margarita Carrillo and Juan Meza will host a dinner at Mexican impressed restaurant Costa. Following dinner, all company are invited to Desserts After Darkish at Privilege Pool, which can function bites from native Bahamian cooks, particular cocktails, handed sweets and customized dessert stations.
The weekend will conclude with a one-of-a-kind, unique Lengthy Cay Luncheon on Baha Mar’s non-public island. On Sunday, October 23, company will likely be whisked away to the plush island hideaway of Lengthy Cay, the place they are going to spend a soothing day on pristine sands having fun with dwell music, with all the competition’s honored cooks, and a particular menu courtesy of Daniel Boulud and Marcus Samuelsson.
The complete calendar of occasions consists of:
Friday, October 21
- 6-7pm: Sunset & Sips hosted by Marcus Samuelsson at Marcus at Baha Mar Fish + Chop Home
- 7-10pm: Welcome Seashore Celebration co-hosted by Marcus Samuelsson, Simeon Corridor Jr. and Carla Corridor at Baha Bay Lagoon
Saturday, October 22
- 10:30am-2:00pm: Sea to Desk with Marcus Samuelsson and Simeon Corridor Jr.
- 11am-1pm: Behind the Scenes with John Cox hosted by artist and curator John Cox on the Fairwinds Exhibition
- 11am-5pm: The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Competition Expo at Baha Bay Garden
- 12-2pm: Bouillabaisse & Rosé with Daniel Boulud at NEXUS
- 12-2pm: Good Pairings with Dario Cecchini and Ray Isle at Carna
- 11:30am-1:30pm: The Chef Subsequent Door with Amanda Freitag at The Kitchen
- 12-2pm: Flavors of Mexico with Margarita Carrillo and Juan Meza at Costa
- 7-11pm: Grand Dine-Round
Sunday, October 23
- 10:30am-2pm: Lengthy Cay Luncheon co-hosted by Marcus Samuelsson and Daniel Boulud at Lengthy Cay Island
- 11am-5pm: The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Competition Expo at Baha Bay Garden
Tickets for the occasion are actually on sale at bahamar.com/bahamas-culinary-arts-festival/ and are priced upon expertise, starting from $79 to $499 per individual. Visitors can get pleasure from The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Competition at Baha Mar in spectacular style with the all-inclusive Competition Weekend Move priced at $499. The Competition Weekend Move features a premium welcome present upon check-in, entry to The Bahamas Culinary & Arts Expo on Saturday and Sunday, and early entry to a few of the most unique, intimate visitor chef experiences, in addition to admission to the Sunset & Sips occasion, Welcome Seashore Celebration, and Grand Dine-Round.
For additional details about the occasion, please go to bahamar.com/bahamas-culinary-arts-festival/ for full particulars on featured cooks and culinary ideas, occasion specifics, artwork exhibitions, and a hyperlink for simple ticket buy.
About Baha Mar
Baha Mar is a grasp deliberate built-in resort improvement located on 1,000 acres overlooking the world’s well-known Cable Seashore. The white sand seaside vacation spot consists of three international model operators – Grand Hyatt, SLS, and Rosewood – over 2,300 rooms and greater than 45 eating places and lounges, the most important on line casino within the Caribbean, a state-of-the-art conference middle, Royal Blue Golf Course, an 18-hole Jack Nicklaus signature course, a model new $200 million Baha Bay luxurious water park, the Caribbean’s first and solely flagship ESPA spa, and over 30 luxurious stores. Baha Mar is a panoramic location with dynamic programming, actions, and visitor choices in one of the crucial lovely locations on the planet – The Bahamas. For extra data and reservations, go to www.bahamar.com.
SOURCE Baha Mar