A media snippet accompanying this announcement is obtainable by clicking the picture or hyperlink beneath:
TORONTO and HONG KONG, Could 26, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — This summer time, bask within the heat glow of Hong Kong’s dazzling arts and tradition scene – wherever you might be on the earth. Using on the staging of worldwide artwork and cultural occasions, the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) is launching an ‘Arts in Hong Kong’ marketing campaign to showcase to a world viewers the town’s extraordinary and enduring attraction as an arts and cultural hub. The marketing campaign goals to lift Hong Kong’s worldwide profile additional, providing in-depth group arts and cultural excursions and interactive artwork tech experiences to encourage the native public and guests alike to rediscover the town from a cultural perspective.
HKTB Govt Director Mr. Dane Cheng stated: “In-depth journey experiences have turn out to be a serious international pattern, and humanities and tradition are a key driver of this pattern. The Hong Kong Tourism Board has organized an ‘Artwork Month’ promotion for the previous 9 years when worldwide occasions have been held on the town to generate city-wide artwork vibes. In addition to the staging of large-scale occasions, new world-class artwork landmarks resembling M+ and the Hong Kong Palace Museum are additionally opening their doorways, boosting Hong Kong’s attract as an arts and cultural journey vacation spot. As the town’s arts scene turns into richer than ever, the HKTB will make ‘Arts in Hong Kong’ a year-round promotional platform to lift consciousness of the town’s always-on, various expertise of arts and tradition, and set up Hong Kong as an East-meets-West centre for worldwide cultural alternate.”
Supporting Worldwide Occasions and Selling Hong Kong Tradition to the World
‘Arts in Hong Kong’ is being rolled out in Could with worldwide occasions, together with Artwork Basel Hong Kong and French Could, together with a collection of distinctive neighbourhood tasks headlining a collection of promotions to reveal that large-scale artwork and cultural occasions have returned to Hong Kong. The marketing campaign can even kind a part of the HKTB’s current ‘Hong Kong Summer time Treats’ promotion that encourages residents to discover Hong Kong from new views.
The HKTB is working carefully with the organizers of worldwide arts occasions staged in Hong Kong to extend their attain and affect. It has teamed up with Artwork Basel Hong Kong to host on-line excursions, as an illustration, and has invited Hong Kong artists to carry an explosion of color to the streets by displaying their inspirational works on the town’s iconic trams.
The combination of arts and know-how is a rapidly-growing pattern, and the HKTB is stepping up its use of know-how to advertise artwork occasions and cultural landmarks. It has produced a video to advertise the interactive digital actuality expertise of French Could’s highlighted programme Intraverse, and is supporting the promotion of the transferring picture work The Form of Gentle – a joint presentation by Artwork Basel and M+ – in addition to the Hong Kong Museum of Artwork’s outside paintings set up, Resonance-In-Sight.
Three Surprises from ‘Arts in Neighbourhoods’
In addition to its programme of main cultural occasions, the HKTB is launching a spread of promotions to encourage residents to rediscover hidden gems of tradition in neighbourhoods throughout Hong Kong, and expertise the town’s thrilling atmosphere as an arts and cultural hub.
Shock 1: Avenue exploration of 5 cultural themes
- Wander via Previous City Central, Sham Shui Po and West Kowloon and discover greater than 20 cultural discovery scorching spots beneath 5 main themes.
- The HKTB has created an interactive map with arts and cultural guides for every scorching spot. The map contains fascinating anecdotes, just like the thriller behind the embroidery of Chinese language marriage ceremony robe tailor Koon Nam Wah Bridal.
Shock 2: Uncover arts with an avatar
- A browser-based app has been created that permits guests to create a personalized avatar with their very own cultural pursuits to complement their neighbourhood experiences in a hybrid surroundings.
- 3 ways to roam along with your avatar:
- Go to three designated scorching spots in particular person for a novel AR interactive expertise.
- Take a look at Hong Kong Neighbourhoods’ scorching spots and take snapshots.
- Take artistic selfies along with your avatar, wherever, anytime
Shock 3: Neighborhood artwork exhibition affords a journey via West Kowloon
- The HKTB and the College of Hong Kong’s Division of Cultural and Artistic Arts are internet hosting a group artwork exhibition titled ‘Journey to West Kowloon’ in June on the Artwork Pavilion within the West Kowloon Cultural District. Greater than 650 main and secondary faculty college students and college scholar artists have been invited to create 250 West Kowloon-themed artwork items, together with 12 highlighted works by the division’s college students.
Selling Hong Kong to a world viewers
In Canada and different abroad supply markets, the HKTB is organizing Hong Kong-themed arts occasions in new codecs, inviting Hong Kong Tremendous Followers lively within the arts and cultural scene to showcase arts occasions and lift the town’s profile within the worldwide arts scene.
- Digital excursions with 1,000+ members worldwide:
- The HKTB is organizing a spread of arts-themed on-line excursions for about 1,000 abroad media representatives, Hong Kong Tremendous Followers, commerce members and different stakeholders to advertise arts and cultural sights, together with M+, the Hong Kong Palace Museum, the Tung Nam Lou Artwork Lodge, Biu Kee Mahjong, and embroidered footwear store Sindart.
- The HKTB is teaming up with Artwork Basel Hong Kong to arrange on-line viewing excursions showcasing Hong Kong’s wealthy arts and cultural scene, focusing on Mainland, and abroad media within the Higher Bay Space markets, Hong Kong Tremendous Followers, and the journey commerce.
- Hong Kong-themed paintings recreated abroad:
- The HKTB is working with Hong Kong Tremendous Fan and German artist Alexandra Unrein to host a two-day outside graffiti workshop on the Museum of City and Up to date Artwork in Munich.
- In partnership with a France-based Hong Kong Tremendous Fan, the HKTB is organizing a transcontinental Instagram contest. Winners will obtain a West Kowloon portray by a French avenue mural artist Elsa Jean de Dieu residing in Hong Kong
- Avenue murals are being created with Hong Kong themes in Australia, with QR codes redirecting guests to DiscoverHongKong.com
Discover out extra about ‘Arts in Hong Kong’:
Members of the media can obtain the photographs and movies beneath:
HKTB Arts in Hong Kong Belongings
Extra details about the worldwide occasions, Arts in Neighbourhoods, and truth sheets will be downloaded right here.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Tel: 416 366-2389 ext 206
E mail: [email protected]
Images accompanying this announcement can be found at: